The etymological origin of the word is up to now yet unknown, but its concept as practiced in our way of life over the years has been very visible and already firmly assimilated in the culture of Maayonanons.
Hil-o Hil-o is reciprocity that demonstrates mutual interdependence among our people. It expressed itself in many forms and in many ways. It could simply be taking turns in helping one another to make a heavy work for one becomes lighter. It can also be rendering services or giving material donation for a relative, a friend or a neighbor who is holding a very important affair in the family.
All through the years, the Maayonanons, generation after generation has preserved this peculiar desirable trait in our community. Nurtured by experience and guided by the admonition of our elders to think well of others, Hil-o Hil-o is now deeply assimilated into the culture of the Maayonanons.
Certainly, it will stay and last forever. We are wont to it already. Furthermore, it is a positive attribute that should be kept forever, that helps Maayonanons become more cohesive.
Hil-o Hil-o , the Maayonanons way of life.
by: Billy Dueñas
- Facts about Capiz – Location, Population, Culture etc.
- Where to Stay – List of Hotels and Lodging Houses in Roxas City, Capiz
- Where to Dine – Restaurants, Fastfood, Food Chain, Bars
- Captivating Capiz – Information of the Capiz Province
- Captivating Panay, Capiz – Historic Pan-ay where the biggest church bell in Asia is located
- Captivating Maayon, Capiz – Municipality of Maayon Profile
- Photo / Picture Gallery – Captivating Pictures of Capiz and Roxas City
- Capiz /Roxas City History – talks about the history of Roxas City
- News about Captivating Capiz and Roxas City – to be updated of latest news about Capiz
Capiznon Online talks about everything and anything you want to know about Capiz and Roxas City, its allure, its beauty, the latest issues being talked about, the happenings as well as the latest landmarks, recreational centers, watering holes and all the things that make Capiz truly captivating and bewitching.